Thursday 26 June 2014

Day 18

Today we went noodling for opals. Dad said that it would be very unlikely to find any opals because everybody had been doing the same thing there for forty years, but I found the first opal within five minutes and another in the next five minutes. I also found a very big one towards the end. We then went to an opal shop where my sisters bought some opal necklaces. We then went to another opal shop to find out whether our opals that we found were valuable. None of the opals were valuable. My big opal would have been very valuable if it had not been in the sun for so many years. We then had lunch and left Coober Pedy. We stayed at Matheson bore along the road for the night.

The Opal Bug Shop

Miner at Opal Shop

Quote of the day

I say lets kill it.

By Ethan Grubb borrowed from Barnyard

No comments:

Post a Comment